Middle Fork Lodge is always looking for great, responsible, and skilled people in the following positions:
Cooks and Cooking Assistants
Professional cooking experience preferred but we will consider candidates who are talented cooks. Must be able to plan, manage, and relate well to others in a high paced and intense environment. The Cook and Cooking Assistant will share the kitchen and must be able to collaborate and plan together. This being a working ranch, horse knowledge and skills are not required but preferred.
- Preparing gourmet ranch-style meals for 20-25 guests and 8-10 staff.
- Serving meals. Breakfast and lunch are generally family-style, while dinner is seated and more formal.
- Preparing small meals for guests to be taken on trail trips.
- Managing and maintaining food and supply inventories.
- Keeping a spotlessly clean kitchen which includes washing dishes, pots, pans, and floor.
- Helping other workers throughout the Lodge when needed.
Housekeeping and Waitstaff
Workers in this position will rotate between housekeeping and serving. This position also includes some light maintenance.
Strong social skills, attention to detail, and proper etiquette are essential. Experience in housekeeping is preferred but we will train individuals who are organized, detail oriented, and have the right attitude. This being a working ranch, horse knowledge and skills are not necessary but preferred.
Housekeeping Responsibilities include:
- Cleaning bathrooms and changing towels.
- Changing and making beds.
- Vacuuming and dusting the rooms and Lodge.
- Washing floors, counters, and windows.
- Washing, ironing and preparing the sheets, tablecloths, napkins, and towels.
- Sweeping and washing decks, and porches.
- Picking up trash and cleaning outside areas.
Serving responsibilities include:
- Assisting the cook with food prep.
- Setting up the dining room.
- Serving meal to our guests.
- Cleaning up both the dining room and kitchen.
- Washing dishes, pots, pans, and floor.
Must have extensive experience and knowledge of horses. Skills will be demonstrated through a personal interview. Must be able to lift 85 pounds and operate vehicles with manual transmissions. Must be able to communicate well with our guests and staff. Patience is a must.
- Horseshoeing, gathering and feeding the horses
- Saddling and preparing horses for rides.
- Guiding trail rides into the Wilderness Area.
- Caring for sick and injured animals.
- Teaching and coaching riding lessons.
- Maintaining and cleaning the tack.
- Ensuring all horse equipment is safe and in good working order.
- Maintaining facilities, corrals, arena, trails, and the grounds.
- Assisting in activities at the ranch, such as, hikes, fishing, archery, and trap shooting.
- Helping in haying and irrigating the field.